Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

Fast Food in KKC Sucks!

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Fast Food in KKC Sucks!

Postby SkyyWalker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:49 pm

I'n not a big fan of KFC, McDonald's or Subway, but given the choice of the three, I'd take Subway. EXCEPT for the fact that I always order Turkey Breast which has been unavailable for a while (maybe it's back?). I haven't been to Subway since the turkey vanished. KFC in Thailand sucks because they don't have biscuits. I used to like devouring those dense, oil-and-butter-soaked little beauties. Fine, go ahead and put rice on the menu (Japan KFC doesn't), but at least keep the biscuits. McDonald's hamburgers are probably the worst burgers in the world, however, I did like getting the Bacon & Egg McMuffin. Therefore, I was excited when the 24 hour McD's started the breakfast menu. About 6+ months I ordered one and there was a f-ing round piece of ham on the damn thing! No bacon to be found. That's the last time I've frequented a McDonald's. I say I'd love to have Taco Bell here, but they would probably find some way to screw that menu up, too.

Okay, rant over! :Smiley135:
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Realist

Re: Fast Food in KKC Sucks!

Postby Realist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 pm

The Thais seem to like it, most fast food restaurants seem to be doing well, especially with school kids.
It was a bit different 10 years ago !

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 pm

That's definitely true, Realist, especially regarding KFC. I don't know what the population of KKC is, but let's say it's around 300,000 and how many KFC's do we have? Gotta be at least 12 I think. Where I come from, basically two groups of people ate fast food. 1: anyone who was in a hurry or just liked the taste regardless of income level. 2. poor people as fast food is considered a cheap meal. Here in Thailand, eating at a junk food joint is a status symbol.

I wouldn't mind having a Sonic Drive-in or an Arby's, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Oh, and the fast food pizza places in town suck, too. At least we several good options for REAL pizza! :Smiley189:
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Draco

Postby Draco » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:39 pm

Personally I like The Pizza Company's Deep Pan Pizzas a lot (not tried others to date), especially when they do their Buy one get One free offers. Not that I am a connoisseur on Pizzas, like some other here.
I've not heard of or tried Subway. Must investigate.

KFC, IMO has been going down hill for a couple of years. The chicken pieces are often dry due to being kept heated too long and get smaller at the branch I use (especially the NON spicy which I eat). The French fry portions (a joke) compared to McD. Add to that plastic knives and forks in the restaurant and the number of times my wife has bought a take away from that unnamed branch, only to get home and find spicy instead of the ordered original chicken pieces or an item missing is very disappointing. I prefer to go to Chester's Grill to eat or take away over KFC.

Return to “Khon Kaen News”