Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

Address Reporting...

Topic author
khonkaenjason

Address Reporting...

Postby khonkaenjason » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Hey All;

Jason here. I have no idea what to call the subject for this posting - so my apologies. We are finally returning to Khon Kaen next month after a year long stay in America. I remember hearing that the rule regarding Thai reporting any foreigner living in 'their' home is now being enforced. That being said - any advice on where my much better Thai half needs to go to fill out the proper form and notify the relevant authorities that my presence is welcome...

Thanks so much and Cheers -

Jason

Administration
Site Admin

Re: Address Reporting...

Postby Administration » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:59 pm

The form is called TM 30 and needs to be filled out by the Owner of the property in which you are staying. Hotels should do it for you.
You can get the form online by going to
http://immigration.go.th/ then go to Download and find TM 30 or :-
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... e=download.

The completed form can be handed to Immigration in Khon Kaen or a local Police Station, but be warned that the local Police Station might not have seen one before and are unsure what to do with it.
Basically it is up to the Owner of the property to get this done not the foreigner.

Hope that helps some.

There are others on here who will have more specific information regarding what other documents need to be presented and I'm sure they will advise.
The keyboard is mightier than the mouse.

SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 am

Go Diamondbacks!!!

I look forward to seeing you and yours soon.

Scott
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Topic author
khonkaenjason

Postby khonkaenjason » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:05 am

Thanks mucho! If anyone does know of any additional documents, let me know. This information looks great though and I'm sure it will be a typically easy process in Thailand - lol.

Well...now that I am leaving it looks the Diamondbacks might finally be back in contention with the addition of Grienke - figures. Oh well - I'll follow it on the computer. Can't wait to get out of here before good ole Donald comes calling...Christ what is the world come to!

Cheers -

Jason

Topic author
khonkaenjason

Postby khonkaenjason » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:08 am

Crazy question - if we have this TM30 form filled out prior to arrival, does anyone know if they will accept it at the airport at immigration as we arrive in Bangkok? Just a thought -

Administration
Site Admin

Postby Administration » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 am

I suspect not, think it has to be done in the Province it applies to.
The keyboard is mightier than the mouse.

E-Z Rider

Postby E-Z Rider » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 am

[quote="khonkaenjason"]Thanks mucho! If anyone does know of any additional documents, let me know. This information looks great though and I'm sure it will be a typically easy process in Thailand - lol.

Well...now that I am leaving it looks the Diamondbacks might finally be back in contention with the addition of Grienke - figures. Oh well - I'll follow it on the computer. Can't wait to get out of here before good ole Donald comes calling...Christ what is the world come to!

Cheers -

Jason[/quote]

Hi Jason,

In addition to the completed TM30 your wife will need to present her Tabien Ban and ID card, together with copies. She will also need to give Immigration copies of every page in your Passport that has a stamp on it, together with the original Passport.
If you are staying in rented accommodation, a copy of the Lease (Rental Agreement and maybe owners ID card) should be available to present, but personally I would not offer it unless asked.
DO NOT FORGET to RETAIN the receipt that Immigration give her.

Hope this helps.

Topic author
Draco

Postby Draco » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Don't forget TM 28. Entitled "Form for Aliens to notify their change of address or their stay in the Province for over 24 hours"
That is the one the foreigner has to complete when changing home, hotel residence etc.

I very recently became aware I should have filled in these form 8 years ago (not been out of KKC or current address since) so I completed a TM 30 on myself. I own my house but NOT of course the land it sits on. Foreigner owning building OK but not land)
and a TM 28 and my wife and I visited the KK Imm. Office. We were directed to the building to the right (the one with a counter and window hatch. where we were invited in and we spoke to a couple of KK Imm. Investigation Officers. Both charming and friendly.

The Imm. Police officer we mostly spoke to, had a laugh when he saw my TM 30 and saw MYSELF on the foreigner details form for those staying at my residence, as I was reporting on myself. I also completed a TM28 as technically I should have done one when I moved into my home 8 years ago.

I never knew about TM30 or TM 28 and always incorrectly thought Yellow Tabien Baan adequate for me living here.
The Imm. officers were helpful and understanding. Went and spoke to their boss (I assume) in an enclosed office and everything was fine. They accepted my truthful explanation that I never knew I needed to fill out the forms and had never been challenged in 10 years by any Imm. Officer or officer. One did say they have been told to crack down on making sure Foreigners had completed the necessary forms or that the place where they were staying had done so inside the deadlines for doing so.
The officer even suggested that if I wanted to be certain when if I go on holiday in another location in Thailand that the Local Police knew where I was residing I could fill in a TM 28 and take it to the Local Police Office (just in case the Hotel or whatever failed to do a TM30 on time or at all). I laughed and said I bet not many tourists from overseas for a 2-3 week vacation know about TM 28 and decide to fill one out and wander off to the local police station to hand it in. He also laughed.

I was reminded that if I leave country I would require a new form each time I come back (think it was TM28 but cannot remember for sure (sorry). He pinned one of the two completed confirmation slip in my passport and said i did not need the other I think he pinned the TM 30. I decided to play safe and pin both TM28 & TM30 in my passport as I felt TM 28 more my requirement whereas TM 30 is supposed to be filled out and submitted by Residence owner (of course in my case that is me) that should cover anybody wanting one or other or both.

Topic author
khonkaenjason

Postby khonkaenjason » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:03 am

Thanks everyone! This is just the information I needed.

Jason

Topic author
Bankholiving

Postby Bankholiving » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Probably too late now you may be here.
I went last Oct handed over completed tm 28 and tm 30 with copies of all relevant pages Wife blue book copy.
He took the TM 28 looked laughed tore it up!!! TM 30 looked nodded looked at all copies ect nodded again went on computer inputted info got a recipt for tm 30 stapled it to passport said thank you and welcome to KK (yes seriously) ALL DONE.10 mins on a Tuesday morning at 1030.

Return to “Thai Visas/Immigration”