Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

KK Immigration very busy just now....

Topic author
KK Veteran

Re: KK Immigration very busy just now....

Postby KK Veteran » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:52 am

Nice to hear you are still out and about Duncan :-)

Topic author
Bankholiving

Postby Bankholiving » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Went down to do 90 day yesterday 7th at 1030 took one look at queues and thought o thank you. Never having any luck online on previous occasions I thought will give it one more go. Amazingly it worked all sorted and approved within 2 hrs. Very pleased just wish I would have tried it before the trip to immigration.

Topic author
Baucent

Postby Baucent » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Earlier this month I went to KK immigration to apply for the extension of stay under the marriage to Thai citizen category. My wife and I had dropped in a few weeks earlier to pick up forms and the place was packed, people standing around the walls. The information desk girl advised coming back in early April as for some reason she thought there would be less of a crowd. There wasn't and arriving later than I had intended 10 am (delayed at the bank) it was 12 0'clock before we left the office. There was still 30 or more people waiting, many around the walls and an audible sigh as an officer said "we are closing for lunch". Having done this particular process in three successive years and more on a different type of visa, it amazes me at the way they make things difficult for everyone by not using technology. All the documents I submitted, have been given on two previous occasions, so why don't they scan them and keep the data on computer files? The only logical explanation to immigration not using technology to it's is it would eliminate jobs.

The suggestion that a 90 day reporting could be done by mail at KK is new to me. When I first arrived in KK ten years ago there was no office at kk and we had to drive to Nong Khai for any immigration matters. At that stage you could mail the form and photo copy of the passport to the NK office, which was convenient. But that all changed when they decided everyone had to come in and make a face to face report. Apparently this was because some people were not including all the photocopied pages needed. Since KK office opened I have done my 90 day report in person, which wasn't a hassle as I live close to the office. But with wait times increasing and no dedicated "90 day desk" I might try mail if an option. Does anyone know if mailed 90 day reports to KK immigration are possible for city residents?

Return to “Thai Visas/Immigration”