Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

KK Immigration very busy just now....

Topic author
mrpunch

KK Immigration very busy just now....

Postby mrpunch » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 am

I went to KK immigration about 2 pm yesterday and it was so busy I decided to go back this morning. I spoke to one guy today who said tha he'd waited 4 hours yesterday only to find that he had one document wrong and had to go back. He said that another guy had waited six hours yesterday.

It seems that they are dealing with a mass of Burmese migrant workers just now and apparantly they are expecting another 200 today.

Unless you really need to go today, I'd wait for it all to die down again.

TerryLH

Re: KK Immigration very busy just now....

Postby TerryLH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks

SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

My wife took my mom to imm. today to get a re-entry permit. There were 19 people ahead of her and it took 90 minutes.
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Topic author
mrpunch

Postby mrpunch » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm

I wish that they'd go back to having a desk dedicated to 90 day reports. The desk would always be able to do other stuff if the 90 day queue was empty then pick up 90 days again after.

Topic author
Draco

Postby Draco » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:46 pm

We had the misfortune of going yesterday. Got there 10:30am place was chock-a-block with foreign workers. My wife was told a local boss had phoned and arranged a mass Visa (or what ever session). My wife says some were from Myanmar and most from Laos.

Two of the 4 counters were a set aside for these workers who were given yellow paper with numbers. When we arrived No.31 was being dealt with and our ticket 71.

1hr:15 mins approx later one of the 2 counters dealing with everybody else asked who were waiting to do 90 day reports. My wife said we were and that was that. Around 12 noon one of the police officers said there a was going to be a break for lunch. My heart sunk as still on No. 43). Then suddenly at 12:10 ish the officer who had previously asked who was 90 day reporting asked again and my wife immediate piped up. He waved her forwards, me chasing not appreciated what was going on. 5 mins later we were done. 12:16 and 33secs (printed on my slip).

This was my longest ever 90 reporting 1hr 45 mins. Its a shame when Immigration agree to a mass processing (which makes sense) that there is no mechanism we can check before hand.

One good thing my wife noticed and heard was a young Thai being scolded by the officer we saw for attempting to queue. My wife said what he said was words to effect. We ar every busy today and many you see here have been waiting a long time for their turn and you try to jump the queue. I will not serve you. Go away get a ticket and wait your turn." :Smiley39: The girl backed off and as we left the car park we saw her walking to the exit.

It is never nice to queue but even worse if those waiting worrying if some are pushing in pretending they are next. It was reassuring to know the officer was vigilant to the tricks of some, and cared about those quietly waiting their turn. We were lucky in getting dealt with, as I suspect he was about to go to lunch at a given time and had just enough time to deal with one maybe 90 days reports before singing off. To be honest I would not have known what he was saying quick enough had my wife not been there.

I wonder what KKC's attitude is to postal 90 Day reporting. My concern is IF these workers need to reports every 90 days if we will run into them again every 90 days.

I agree 100% with mrpunch. Either that or it would be nice if the 90 day reporting online worked easily. Many on TV are still reporting issues for most and the reasons seem less certain.

In future I think I will go 7 day prior to my 90 day report expiring then which gives me more days to play with if something like yesterday occurs again, although going there several times would be annoying as Bung Kaen Nakhon area is not exactly on the Imm doorstep but thank goodness we have a KKC Imm. office these days. Yesterday was the only time I have ever had any real delays at KK Imm. The officers were cheerful and friendly (as my wife and I usually find them) and were working as fast as they could but they were just inundated.

Topic author
Chief

Postby Chief » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:24 pm

"I wonder what KKC's attitude is to postal 90 Day reporting. My concern is IF these workers need to reports every 90 days if we will run into them again every 90 days."

I have done each of my 90 day report via mail since the Khon Kaen Immigration Office opened some 8 or so years ago. I mail the report with (a) the Id page of my passport, (b) the passport page showing the last approved extension, (c) a copy of the last 90 day report approval, (d) a copy of the immigration departure card and (e) a self addressed envelope with a 5 baht stamp.

I mail this in several days early and normally receive it back within 7-10 days.

SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 pm

First off, welcome back! :Smiley189:

I like your method a lot. As someone else can report for you, I leave that up to my wife as she goes to KKU 3-4 times a week. However, she may be interested in the way you do it!
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Topic author
Draco

Postby Draco » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Chief wrote:"I wonder what KKC's attitude is to postal 90 Day reporting. My concern is IF these workers need to reports every 90 days if we will run into them again every 90 days."

I have done each of my 90 day report via mail since the Khon Kaen Immigration Office opened some 8 or so years ago. I mail the report with (a) the Id page of my passport, (b) the passport page showing the last approved extension, (c) a copy of the last 90 day report approval, (d) a copy of the immigration departure card and (e) a self addressed envelope with a 5 baht stamp.

I mail this in several days early and normally receive it back within 7-10 days.

Thanks very much for you post Chief.

My I ask if you live in KKC itself? I used to do postal reporting all the time (via EMS) when dealing with Imm. offices far away but am concerned that if I live in same city Imm. may feel I or a personal representative should visit.

Many years ago my wife and I were told by an unnamed officer at an unnamed office (NOT KKC) best to send to my letters direct to him to ensure my posted reporting letters were not accidentally mislaid, missed and would be dealt with promptly. I always used and would in future use EMS which although still not 100% foolproof my report got to the relevant officers or on time (but close) as I believe the onus is on me to prove I reported on time and not on any Imm. office to prove it did not receive a report or whether on time. Hence why I have always reported personally in KKC as until the other not not an arduous thing.

Topic author
Draco

Postby Draco » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:42 pm

SkyyWalker wrote:First off, welcome back! :Smiley189:

I like your method a lot. As someone else can report for you, I leave that up to my wife as she goes to KKU 3-4 times a week. However, she may be interested in the way you do it!

Especially if Group worker visits become more often now the Govt. is cracking down on Foreigner Immigration related and Visa rules enforcement. It would be nice to have a phone number that could be contacted easily to ask in advance whether any Group sessions planned for a certain day. Then one could adjust visits accordingly, which would help KK Imm. officers, Groups and individuals alike by spreading work loads over a few days,

Topic author
Realist

Postby Realist » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:59 pm

I went this morning. songteaw from near the lake, ticket number 9 on arrival there, songteaw back to Tesco Fairy Plaza, a bit of shopping, and back home before 10.00am. Good service.
I was lucky to get there just before they started, because when I left, there were quite a few more people waiting.

Return to “Thai Visas/Immigration”