Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

Visa In Australia

Topic author
Charlie

Visa In Australia

Postby Charlie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I have previously got my visas (Non Imm O) from the Thai Consulate in Brisbane. It was simpler than Sydney. Not sure why different consulates have different rules.

Anyway, the consulate in Brisbane has closed due to the consul retiring (I think).

So I had to use the office in Sydney, where I live. I needed numerous documents, in triplicate, all witnessed. A pain you know where. BUT, the visa was a multiple entry valid for a year. So I was stamped in at Swampy for a year. No Lao visa runs. I do have to do the 90 day reports but that is a good reason to go into town for a few days.

Anyone in Sydney that needs more info please ask.

Cheers.

TerryLH

Re: Visa In Australia

Postby TerryLH » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 pm

It sounds like you got an O-A Visa.
If you do a border hop just prior to the Visa expiring, you'll get a second year.

Until that Visa expires, you'll get one year every time you re-enter the country.

Once the Visa expires you'll need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay valid.

I thought I saw that Brisbane has either reopened, or will be opening again shortly.

Terry

Topic author
Charlie

Re: Visa In Australia

Postby Charlie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

You are right Terry, it is an O-A visa. I did think that if I leave and return before the expiry I could get a second year. Cost me $225 but sure beats the cost of a Lao visa every three months and the hassle. If I can get two years an absolute bargain. And it does seem the Thai consulate in Brisbane reopened 4th May. It is now in the city proper and not in the suburbs as it was before.

Return to “Thai Visas/Immigration”