Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

best free satalite provider

Topic author
UK1

best free satalite provider

Postby UK1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:11 pm

What would be the best free satalite provider to get . I have ThaiSat was ok but now lost nearly all my English speaking channels . Im after a provider that has cartoon channels for my daughter and English channels ( news, documentrys, movies,etc) for me and i know the thai channels 3,5,7 etc will come as standard. Ive heard PSI mybe my best option but thats the only one ive got in my mind at present to enquire about. If any members know of any better one other than PSI ide be happy to know. also were is the best place to look and prices . regards

Topic author
Draco

Re: best free satalite provider

Postby Draco » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Does you daughter need Thai or English cartoons. I live in Khon Kaen city and although not free KTV runs a cheap cable service. 70 channels if you wish to view analogue only (as many connected TVs as you like subject to signal strength we had 4 at one time) or 150 channels if you wish to view digital. If your TV is LED and has built in DVDB-T2 (many do) you will not need a set top box. If you do need a set top box (one per TV) its about ฿ึ1,000 (via KTV) you can get them around ฿ึ700 upwards.

Monthly subscription is dependant on whether you pay monthly ฿350 quarterly฿950 half yearly ฿1,700or yearly ฿3,000. I pay yearly and have been with them 9 years.

Thai language cartoon channels are very well served by KTV
Only some of the "free to air" channels approx. 1 to 36 have ANY dual channels and Most DO not sue the second channel or its Thai anyway. KTV told me when I asked about whether they planned the 3 Fox movie channels and others to be dual audio channel in the future. They said NO too expensive and they are only Thai. Real shame as English Movies are very poorly served, but News and sport are well served. ONLY Digital channel Film Plus HD has all day movies in English . Unfortunately that channel has a habit at different times of the day and for different period sometimes 10 seconds other times 20 mins of breaking over a movie and running Thai shopping adds (with a most annoying man and woman who clap at everything each other say REALLY ANNOYING). Not all films are cut into but you should know what is cut into is missed as the moves continues whether you can see it of not. I have complained that its the ONLY dedicated Movie channel and asked why tey cannot give use ONE 24/7 English Lang movie channel. They said they would look into it BUT I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH. (what you get is what they decide)

Having said that if you are in the service area its still good value for all outlay of only ฿250 a month (that is price you may no taxes on top). Only requirement is that you are in their cable service area.

If you are into online streaming services I have no info on that nor whether they will disappear if breaching copyright

This was the last channel info I got in 1st Dec 2015 but I am sure there are a few changes as channels come and go). Most of those shown to be English seem to stay and most have been on KTV for years

KTV Channels (Dec 2015) 1.jpg

KTV Channels (Dec 2015) 2.jpg

Hope this helps

Topic author
Red Parrot Fish

Postby Red Parrot Fish » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 pm

IlikeHD will provide everything you need. Google it.

Administration
Site Admin

Postby Administration » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:31 pm

If you are looking for something that is FREE then your options are limited. The only free satellite boxes etc. that I have seen are basically for the Thai people so foreign content is very limited.
However, there are other methods of getting all kinds of TV programs from various countries that you can watch whenever you want. The only thing you might have to buy is an HDMI cable to go from your computer to the TV. On the other hand many of the more modern TV's have USB ports that I believe can be used to play MP4's etc.
The draw back to this is that these methods are considered illegal. Torrent sites are one option but there are many 'File Sharing' sites with a huge amount of content that can be downloaded.
The keyboard is mightier than the mouse.

Topic author
UK1

Postby UK1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanks everyone for your replys all taken onboard . Im really only wanting the free satalite as my wife is Thai and for her but nice to get the odd English channels. like the Admin pointed out i do have external hd and when i travel to khon kaen to my thai house myself and daughter watch all from there (English). So in my original post i did have thai sat but lost most channels. But i have heard Psi is a good choice for free sat for the wife but i also have heard about others so thought ide ask the expats on the forum which free satalite service is best. Im not all the time in Khon Kaen so a paid service would be a waste of money to me hence the free service. thanks for the replys regards paul

Return to “Movies & TV Series”