Welcome to the Khon Kaen forum! Membership to this forum has been restricted. Email kketp1@ gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a member. Thank you.

Street Pussy

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Street Pussy

Postby SkyyWalker » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah.

Here we go again.

A few of you may remember this thread I started years back on the original KK forum that no longer exists. It was viewed an insane amount of times by people who assumed it was related to sex, when in fact it was just about a cat. The cat was named Indy and like most cats around here, she disappeared/died early on in life. Perhaps some of you also remember Yorkshire Richard who's writing about living in Isaan was a big hit. So here's a blast from the past...

l
Attachments
Screenshot - 6_5_2015 , 7_03_28 PM.jpg
http://kketp.com Tours & Thai Language Classes

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Re: Street Pussy

Postby SkyyWalker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 am

As it turns out, we now have two street pussies under our care. One of them I rescued from the gutter at Tesco around 12 the other night - a 5 week old or so girl - and the other is a "teenage" male who I coaxed into loyalty by feeding him. He's a svelte, handsome young lad like me boy Alex (6 years old yesterday!!!) and just as as naughty! I've named him Sphynx. The jet-black girl we've named Midnight. To be addressed in a different thread soon, our family will grow again in a few weeks when we take possession of "Trooper", the 1 month old pure-bred black lab we put a deposit on last week. He still needs to hang out for 2 more weeks with his siblings (the litter was 7 black & 1 chocolate) and mom.

Midnight, the pathetic, near-death, flea-ridden mess of a feline has recovered fantastically. She's acting psychotically silly as any healthy kitten does. Videos to follow.

Please tell us about your pussy, forum!!!!!!!

Charlie

Postby Charlie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:03 am

It's a horrible thing Scott, but I'm allergic to pussies! If I touch one and then touch anywhere near my eyes I just cry!

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Actually, I'm allergic, too, Charlie. That's why I usually pet the cats with my feet. If I do touch one with my hands, I immediately wash them. Katt isn't allergic and it appears Alex isn't either.

Sphynx isn't yet full grown, but he's a real healthy young cat that now tries to jump in my lap when I'm sitting outside. At first, he'd keep a 3 meter distance. That distance rapidly shrunk over a few days. Here's a pic of Sphynx when he was still "on guard" against the humans in our house:

Out-Cat.JPG

l
Midnight is doing really well now, too. We got rid of the fleas and her wounded back leg appears back to normal. We'll take her again to the KKU Vet. hospital in a week for another check up. Here's what she looked like 2 days after I plucked her from the gutter:

Midnight.JPG

Draco

Postby Draco » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Pet allergies are strange because the more you ar ein contact the more lielly you are to build a natural resistance.
I base this on fact
1) My brother an asthmatic (serious when a child/teen) was tested for allergies. two stood out way above the rest. Grass and Cats. When the doctor told my brother he broke out laughing and was asked why. We have 32 cats in our house he said I and I have never had any reaction. My bruv was told you can often (not always) grow an immunity with exposure.

2) A 30 something friend of mine loved dogs but was highly allergic. She saw this dog in a pet shop and could not resist. I visited her and her husband a couple of weeks later and she was constantly sneezing and eyes watering. I said how can you tolerate that. She said I love him (her dog :Smiley163: ) last week I was going through two boxes of tissues a day. I was invited to a meal a moth later. No sneezing, not watering eyes and no tissues.

sometimes pet allergies are due to the skin not the fur BUT when due to the fur there can be options as some cats and dogs have wool type fur not normal fur and many sufferers have found they tolerate the breed very well if not 100%.

I had one such breed and it was my favourite of all the cats my mother, my family or I owned Rex cats. I liked the Devon Rex (was also a Cornish Rex). Fur very short and woolly. Some say they are ugly with their thin coat, and short curly whiskers (that look like they were singed by a flame) and HUGE ear,s but I can tell you IMHO there is not a more inquisitive, intelligent and loving breed of cat. I had several at different times and all followed me around like a dog. When I loved alone I'd say out loud "I'm off to bed" and the two I had at the time shot upstairs ahead of me and waited for me on my bed (yes they were allowed to sleep on the bed). They would leap form the floor to perch on my shoulder and always retracted their claws as they landed so I was not accidentally clawed as they tried to grip my shoulder as they landed.

When I moved to Spain I had to leave three I had at the time with my Bruv and Sis in England who were not exactly elated but agreed as we all thought best for the cats. My Bruv & Sis quickly fell in love with them.

Eddy & Harry.jpg

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 am

Midnight, the kitten, has been getting some boxing lessons from Sphynx. We're starting to let Midnight outside for brief periods of time. We took her down to the river yesterday which she enjoyed, though the car ride there wasn't very comfortable for her. Oh well...she'll get used to it, I hope.

The stare down...

S&M2 (1).JPG

The beat down...

S&M2 (2).JPG

Bankholiving

Postby Bankholiving » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Have quite a few pussies here now fed one now they all want a bit. Still keeps the birds quite

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:06 am

Sphynx and Midnight are getting along really well. We're letting Midnight outside quite a bit now, but only when her "older brother" is there to keep an eye on her (and administer an occasional beating!). :Smiley53:

No idea how they will react next week when Trooper arrives. For now, the pussies are chillin' on the porch.

P1050161.JPG

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

One of the things I liked about this thread on the original KK forum was that it gave me a chance to do a bit of creative writing accompanied by photos..

Screenshot - 6_5_2015 , 7_05_21 PM.jpg

11 (2).jpg
Attachments
22 (1).jpg
22 (2).jpg

Topic author
SkyyWalker

Postby SkyyWalker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:15 pm

This is madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!